Neck pain treatment
Are Chiropractors Neck Pain Specialists?
If you suffer from neck pain, you're not alone. Many people throughout Sydney and Bankstown seek help for neck pain complaints. Chiropractors have been treating neck pain for over 100 years and we may be able to help you. If you're looking for answers and specialist treatment for neck pain, please read on.
Neck pain is the second most common complaint that patients seek chiropractic care for, with low back pain being the most common reason for chiropractic care (Hurwitz). Furthmore, patients report reduced and less intrusive pain and increased and easier range of motion after treatment (Anderson-Peacock).
On this page we cover common causes of neck pain and treatment options for many cases of neck pain.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are many possible causes of neck pain. Here are the most common that we see:
- Poor posture and forward head posture
- Injury and trauma, including whiplash
- Spinal misalignments
- Sporting injuries
- Muscle strains and tension in the neck and shoulders
Over time, if the cause of persistant neck pain is not addressed, the pain may remain and worsen. Many people tend to ignore their body aches and pain until they experience a 'health crisis'. A good point to remember is that pain is your body's way of telling you something is not right.
Neck Pain Treatment and Chiropractic
Many cases of neck pain may be addressed by a full chiropractic checkup and appropriate treatment options. Generally speaking, chiropractic adjustments work to increase joint range of motion, reduce feelings of pain and discomfort and increase flexibility and movement along the spine, including the neck.
Our team at The Back Clinic are happy to assess your case and provide recommendations to address neck pain problems. A thorough chiropractic checkup and exam may identify the cause of any neck pain and may help the chiropractor provide recommendations for care.
We invite you to contact The Back Clinic Bankstown today if you experience any of the following:
- persistant neck pain
- a stiff neck and tense neck muscles
- neck 'cracking' or feelings of built up 'pressure'
- difficulty in twisting/turning your neck e.g. when reversing your car and looking behind you
- numbness, tingling or loss of sensation down your arms and into your hands/fingers
Your Neck Pain Consultation
Assess neck pain - start with a free consultation today
Our team at The Back Clinic (Bankstown and Bexley) believe you deserve to live life free from neck pain. We invite you to take advantage of our ‘getting started with chiropractic’ New Patient Consultation.
- Full Chiropractic examination and assessment
- X-rays, if required
- A complete Report of Findings and Diagnosis on your second visit.
There is no obligation to follow through with treatment. We’re placing the decision to improve your health in your hands – we’re here to assist you and to provide treatment as you wish.
Talk to us today
Please call or email us now to book your new patient consultation. We look forward to talking with you.
Chiropractor in Bexley
Please phone (02) 9592 1282
132 Stoney Creek Rd, Bexley, NSW, 2207.
Chiropractor in Bankstown
Please phone (02) 9708 6011
6/434 Chapel Road, Bankstown, NSW, 2200
- Hurwitz EL, Morgenstern H, Harber P, Kominski GF, Yu F, Adams AH. A Randomized Trial of Chiropractic Manipulation and Mobilization for Patients With Neck Pain: Clinical Outcomes From the UCLA Neck-Pain Study. American Journal of Public Health. 2002;92(10):1634-1641.
- The Canadian Chiropractic Association and the Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory Boards, Clinical Practice Guidelines Development Initiative, Guidelines Development Committee (GDC) comprising, Anderson-Peacock E, Blouin J-S, et al. Chiropractic clinical practice guideline: evidence-based treatment of adult neck pain not due to whiplash. The Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association. 2005;49(3):158-209.